Why you should study an ICB National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting Certification
An ICB National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting is the highest level of qualification for this subject. A Public Sector Accountant is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:
- preparing financial records and statements estimate the cost of new projects
- reviewing budgets and investments
- monitoring spending and cash flows
- allocating money to projects and departments
- analysing the effectiveness of services to the public
- managing the organisation’s financial systems
- conducting internal audits
- presenting management information to boards and budget holders
How is the ICB National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting course structured?
In order to complete the ICB National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting course, students must complete all of the following Subjects:
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Public Accounting Administration
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Technical Public Accounting
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Corporate Strategy
- Management Accounting and Control Systems
- Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
- Research Theory and Practice (by short dissertation; topic: Public Accounting)
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative / interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
How long is the course?
What certificate will I get?
You will be awarded an ICB National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting from FASSET. You will be awarded a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays. This is an example of what your ICB certificate will look like.
When can I start?
You can start right now! Visit our partners page, select a college and fill in the form and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
Last updated: December 12th, 2016