UNISA ICB Computerised Accounting Courses via Distance Learning
Trying to find a UNISA ICB computerised accounting courses, or study from home? Here is a list of computerised accounting courses you can study through distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Accountant – Computerised Bookkeeping
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
Ways to study Computerised Bookkeeping?
It is vital that the Accountant be able to complete the monthly accounting function on a computer system. Learners must show this skills in Microsoft Workplace and the Pastel Accounting Bundle.
How will this course be structured?
In order to complete the Junior Bookkeeper Computerised Bookkeeper, students need to complete all of the following Subjects:
- Computerised Accounting: Workplace Computing
- Standard PC Principles
- Working with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Dealing with the Internet and Microsoft Web Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Dealing with Microsoft Word
- Dealing with Microsoft Excel
- Working with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Accounting: Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will provide you with an academic licence for you to practice your activities and jobs. This licence is valid from the point you register this on your personal computer till the end of that year, hence a calender year licence. Please keep in mind that this software MAY NOT be used for business purposes, therefore you MAY NOT trade utilizing this educational licence.
- Setup and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Creating and setting up a company in Pastel Partner V11
- Develop and Maintain General Ledger Accounts
- Create and Keep Provider Accounts
- Create and Keep Client Accounts
- Develop and Maintain Stock Items
- Handle Balances and Journals
- Provider Processing
- Client Processing
- Money Book, Petty Cash and Journal Processing
- Month end Procedures
- Year End Treatments
How will I be assessed?
Once you have effectively finished the required tasks prescribed by Skills Academy, you will need to successfully pass tests with the ICB. In order to write examinations with the ICB you will need to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to compose their exams
- Send a Portfolio of Proof to the ICB on the day of your tests
You will also be provided by the ICB with a Statement of Skills revealing the particular System Standards that you have finished. FASSET will award you with a System Standard Certificate for any Unit Standards that you have actually finished.
As Skills Academy worths education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you by means of carrier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any hold-ups.
When can I start?
You can begin today. If you study via distance learning you can sign up today.
Distance Learning Accounting Courses
Interested in certified accounting qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Have a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate: Accounting
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small company Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you might study ICB courses at Unisa. This has fallen away, and Unisa no longer offers the ICB Courses. However, there are many home study colleges using the ICB courses. So you can still study any of the ICB courses at an accredited home study supplier.
You can also consider studying accounting or bookkeeping courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a variety of things you must think about if you want to study among the ICB courses through distance learning. Or if you wish to study an accounting or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the key concerns from potential accounting and accounting students.
- Comparing Unisa studies with ICB research studies
- The difference between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses
- Accounting and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Bookkeeping Courses
- Unisa Course Charges
- Alternative Options
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Bookkeeping Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Greater Certificate
- Unisa Accounting Higher Certificate
- ICB Bookkeeping Higher Certificates
- Brief Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Programme
- Office Administration Programme
- Organisation Management Program
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Public Sector Accounting Program
- Study Materials and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Extra assistance for Distance Learning Trainees
- Work Opportunities
- Course Charges
ICB Qualifications scholastic levels
ICB qualifications begin at NQF level 3, and goes up to NQF level 6. So you can get in one of the ICB programs even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you accomplish the highest level ICB qualification, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are simply one level listed below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can aim for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Office Administration (NQF 6).
If you are aiming for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 qualification), then you will need to stick to their entrance requirements of a National Senior Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor’s pass; with at least 50% in the language of mentor and a minimum of 60% in Mathematics.
The entryway requirements for ICB courses.
You can enter any among the ICB programs at the NQF 3 level. That indicates you can start their courses with a Grade 9 or Requirement 7 school pass.
The ICB also acknowledge other training you have actually done, your work experience and your age, as factors to consider when you look for entry.
You have to be able to understand the study product, which remains in English. The ICB courses start at a very basic level, so as to make them accessible to trainees from various educational backgrounds.
Typically trainees who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have gotten some work experience. The majority of the ICB home study trainees are working grownups, who have lost out on the chance to finish school, and go on to campus based education.
Choice criteria for ICB trainees.
The ICB has a variety of distance learning course service providers. For these trainees there are 5 examination sessions in 2017. Much of these trainees are home study and part time study students. Normally trainees who fulfill the scholastic entrance requirements, will get a place with one of the distance education providers.
Students who do not meet the scholastic requirements, can still apply. The ICB can grant you entryway based upon your age; work experience and other training courses you have done.
The ICB scholastic entry requirements are grade 9 (standard 7). The ICB programs all begin at NQF level 3; implying that even if you never ever completed matric, you will still be able to deal with the work.
ICB application and registration process.
To begin studying among the ICB courses you need to take the following actions:
- Apply to one of the course companies.
- Complete your registration with the course supplier and pay your registration fee and additional study fees.
- Register with the ICB for your examination – you can select from five examination sessions in 2017.
- You can decide to write one test at a time, or register for three or four exams.
- Pay your test charges.
- Get your portfolio of proof from the ICB as soon as you have actually signed up for the exam.
- Complete your portfolio of evidence prior to the test, and take it to the test session with you.
- Hand in your examination and your portfolio of evidence at the end of your exam.
You can get the ICB Application and test documents here: ICB Application Forms.
ICB student number limits.
The ICB does not place a limitation on trainee numbers. If you wish to study on a campus, at a classroom company, then there will be a limit to the number of seats in the classes.
When you pick distance learning, you will find a course supplier that has area for you. Do not wait till the eleventh hour. Ensure you use early, to offer yourself the very best chance.
When you register with the ICB, you have to bear in mind the following various costs:
- Course provider costs – fees you pay the college where you study.
- ICB student membership yearly fees.
- Test fees.
Here is a connect to an in-depth post on all the costs you need to comprehend. ICB Registration Fees 2017.
The ICB offers five test sessions for home study trainees in 2017.
You will discover the total list of ICB examination dates and topics here. ICB Evaluation Dates 2017.
Trainee success with the ICB.
The ICB certifies and ensures the quality of training offered by their training service providers. They set the examinations, and they set the syllabus. They authorize the study products. And in this way the ICB ensures that students get the best chance possible.
The ICB likewise checks its accredited companies. And they even do surprise inspections. With this energetic work done to make sure quality education, and to ensure trainees get great support, study products, and certified lecturers – pass rates are high.
In the world of work, you will find that companies are happy to spend for their staff to study with the ICB. Due to the fact that they know that their personnel will learn real skills they can utilize in the workplace, and they know that the trainees have an excellent opportunity of passing.
Trainees who have a hard time, can reword any test, so you get more than once chance to pass and complete your course.
Recognition for your research studies.
On the ICB programme, you get recognition for each level of the programme you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to recognise your success. This suggests that if you never complete the entire programme, you still have a certificate for every single level to put on your wall. Your college may also give you a subject completion for each subject you total.
The plan is that you don’t leave empty-handed once you have actually passed a subject or a level in the program.
The difference in between accounting courses and accounting courses.
At the ICB bookkeeping courses refer the lower levels of the program. As you continue to the higher levels, the certification names change to “Accounting”.
So “bookkeeping” is merely the initial levels, and “accounting” is the greater levels.
When you work as an accountant, you are primarily hectic with the precise recording of a company’s deals and financial resources. As you get promoted, you might begin working on the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accounting professional.
Study Products and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your books and study notes are included in your course costs. The distance learning study products are approved and recommended by the ICB, so you know that you are getting the right study products to pass your ICB exams.
The ICB has numerous examination centres across South Africa. If you are not close adequate to a test centre, then you can request for private invigilation. However, this is generally an expensive choice.
Here is a comprehensive description of the exam dates and processes: Skills Academy ICB Exam Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB exam centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
Last Updated: March 24th, 2017.